Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tuesday

Still stuck on non-fiction.

These short weeks always test my ability to keep my days straight. I spent much of my morning referring to tomorrow as Tuesday. I'm like most people in that I like the longer weekend, but unless I really work on my mental acuity, I have that tendency to think that the first workday of the week is Monday.

Monday was a successful day for me. Got to The Arsenal for the Memorial Day ceremony, then over to Rock Island for the Criterium for a while. Also was efficient at home and got my yard mowed, and had time to get out for a quick 15 miler before dinner (which gave me 23 for the day). The Arsenal deal was a bit of a drag. The increased security made it something less than pleasant. It was like they really didn't want people there, and certainly not a bicyclist. Somebody must have screwed up on a security exercise on the Arsenal in the past, and these MP's were definitely not going to let it happen again.

There has been one Momma's Boy left in my front tree from the robin's nest in my side tree. Mom continues to bring snacks, but she is really getting impatient. The nestling has moved from branch to branch several times, but he's having quite a time leaving home. Does this give an illustration of humans or not? He was still there late this afternoon, and mom was sitting on a nearby branch chirping and fluttering her wings as if to say, "Leave!"

Basso killed 'em in the Giro. 24 sucked in the Coca Cola 600. Not a good weekend for my fav's.

Today was the start of my "summer dress code." That now means that I wear shorts most days. Wasn't all that long ago that I was wearing suits everyday. Then it was "business casual" for the summer. Now this. It is what it is.

When I was in middle school and high school, this would have been prime baseball time. I think we only had a couple of games a week, but we practiced at least a couple of other days, and then later on when I played American Legion ball, it was everyday, and double headers on the weekends. And the hot days like we had last weekend were common. Parents had to die going to all those games. Sounds like Matt is still doing it.

So I hope you have all recovered from your weekend. Good luck to everyone in getting done their own agendas. It isn't always easy, but keep your eye on the ball.

Be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel bad because dad hasn't had a lot of comments recently. i spent the better part of today getting my licensure stuff figured out. i had to do some things at the U, get a cashiers check for a background check, and get fingerprinted. in a week i have to hand deliver my folder of stuff to the department of education to get a receipt to show the st. paul district to prove that i will be a licensed teacher. it was a lot of run-around and kind of irritating. they should have a better system. we had a bar-b-que at matt's parents last night, but it was so hot out that i think his dad was the only one who was ever outside. i started working more hours training today, and it was strange getting back into working evenings. i had gotten used to having a few evenings a week at home. it was also nice to be able to go watch matt play a few times a week. a few more months, hopefully. then a "real" job. i've got a month before i start teaching, and another week before i start babysitting a little, so i plan on doing some major cleaning of the house. i think i have an inch of hair covering my carpet in the bedroom. it's really gross. we're looking forward to KC, i hope the dress i gave kristen works...

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»