Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday

I forgot to put a "No blog today" entry on yesterday. I was in the office briefly in the AM, but just didn't get to the point of writing. Maybe thought that I would get back later, but never did.

I missed the girls. Still do And it was really warm. Not a very productive day at all. But I did get a few flowers potted.

So today is Memorial Day. I'll get over to the Arsenal for the ceremony. And The Criterium is in downtown Rock Island, so I'll get over there for some of the races. Hope to ride this afternoon, and I need to get my yard mowed. It will be a busy day.

The baby robins in the nest out my back door left the nest yesterday. It was facinating watching the last few hours of their progression. There had been a total of four. All had still been in the nest yesterday morning when I had left early for coffee. By my return mid-morning, the nest was empty. Then, later on, I figured out that one was on a branch higher in the tree, and a second one was in the tree in my front yard. The mother kept bringing morsels to these two throughout the day, and I think, kept encouraging each to get going. By evening they too were gone.

This day has been the historical start of summer for me, certainly since the girls were born. I'm not overly satisfied with my progress on my 2006 goals right now, but this is another opportunity to re-commit, so I will try to do that. The Blog has been one area where I feel like I have done ok. Biking has been ok. Around the house, a luke-warm ok. The office part needs work.

By-the-by, the attacking red-winged blackbird is still there. I watched it assault another rider on Saturday afternoon, and my buddy Pete called from the road yesterday to let me know that it had come after him too. A dog came at me Saturday on my ride, but I was too quick, and some stupid teenagers in an on-coming car threw an empty plastic soda bottle at me on the same ride. The bottle glanced off my front wheel. Really a pretty dangerous event. Life has not been dull on the road.

So I doubt if I get back at this today. Hope all my readers have a great day. Frank and Melanie should return tomorrow.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»