Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday

No addition to the story today. I'm headed down to Ottumwa in a little while to put in an appearance at the visitation for my friend John W.'s mother who passed away Sunday. She and her late husband were good friends of Phil and Margaret. I hope to use the driving time to add some ideas to my outline on Frank and Melanie.

Mary had some nice pictures. I have mixed emotions about how much information is too much information from a parent's perspective. ND was a boys school, which made dating a little problematic most of the time. We had a curfew. There were strict rules on female visitors. And I was pretty clueless. No internet. It was a simpler time. For parents too.

Phil has arranged housing for Susan, Charlie and I for Carrie's wedding. In Incline, at a private residence, kind of B&B, I guess. We get there Thursday night, and return Sunday, leaving Reno for Chicago around noon.

Cousin Kevin completes his Phd work this month. He got part of his graduate work done at Western Illinois. His wife wraps up an MA this month as well. A very educated household.

So good luck to the college girls with finals, and luck also to the student teacher.

Y'all be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't say how jealous i am about tahoe. i'll be in good old iowa while you all are basking in the beauty of the lake.
nice touch driving to ottumwa today dad. i'm sure john will appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've eaten fish since the fish fry. Kind of weird I think I don't like it, because I'm pretty sure I ate it then.

I was thinking about this Dad-
remember indian princesses? and we were "Old Dog" and "White Dove?" I was too young to appreciate the hilarity of your name. What would we be now? "Ancient dog" and "chubby dove?"