Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday

Dropping down just a few lines this evening from my spot in the waiting area around Gate H-16 here at ORD. The sign says that it will be an on-time departure, but that's a lot to ask.

My biggest problem is that finding a place that doesn't have a draft of cold air...or the mindlessness of CNN News blaring away...is not an easy get. And I left my Winter coat in the BEATER at MLI.

The best tongue-in-cheek observation I saw about the fake signer at the Mandela funeral was that it could be portrayed as a modern-day Seinfeld episode. George pretends to be a for-hire signer to meet a deaf girl, and gets trapped into being chosen for the job at the funeral. It could definitely fit the Seinfeld profile.

That over-haul of the bike just went out the door. The bike shop called and said that the frame is busted...can't be repaired. I wasn't expecting that one. He did say that it may have some warranty coverage from Trek. Taking a bit of the Under on that possibility. I mean, the bike is over 10 years old! Then again, titanium is not supposed to break, right? Hmmm.

This is my first time doing a real travel deal since Europe with 2. I really kinda need her to guide me through the airports, car rentals and hotels.

Will check in come morning from Scottsdale.

BCOT





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Blogger said...

By using RentalCars you can get the best car hires at over 49000 locations across the globe.