Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday






Enjoying the sunshine and an Americano at a Scottsdale Starbuck's this AM. There's only a one-hour time difference between here and Iowa, but the sun is a little slower to rise, because of the curvature of the Earth, I guess, and my body clock shifts to a later morning as a result.

Yesterday was a bright, sunny day. It had to be 65+ on the course. But the sun goes down early, and the temp gets to the 40's pretty quick. Small inconveniences compared to snow and cold.

I brought my mini-digi to record my trip, but discovered that I had taken out the memory card when I went to take a really interesting shot of the checker-board, snow-covered fields upon take-off from MLI. I actually have the card in a jacket pocket...on Maplecrest. #Sometimer's. #Walmart trip.

The business side of this trip as been very successful. In addition to the meeting at the corporate offices with my American Indian client, I was able to stop in on their company Christmas party last night. And I have another client meeting this morning, followed by a visit to the job site of one of my other client's real estate project. I like it when things go according to the plan. Golf at Legend's Trail this afternoon.

Props to the 'Clones for the big win last night. I didn't see any of it, but it sounds like they blew the roof off of Hilton when Iowa missed some late shots. That's a game that almost merits a home-and-home each year.

SI has gone the Bob Costas route and is increasingly emphasizing political correctness. They continue to run multi-page articles on sad cases of gun violence in support of their gun-control position. Then in an article in this week's edition, they referred to the "Washington DC NFL team" rather than go "racist" and call them the Redskins...like they've been called for decades. I may have to cancel my subscription, not in protest of the swimsuit issue, but because of their growing penchant for PC.

If "Redskins" is an insult to Native Americans, isn't the swimsuit edition an insult to feminism? Progressives can get caught in so many inconvenient back-side inconsistencies when the arc of their belief-pendulum swings the full track.

Headed out. Will try to add some pics later.




BCOT

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: