Saturday, December 21, 2013

Saturday

2nd Coffee in the 52722. Awaiting snow. They say 6-8 inches. Hmmm. The local meteorologists tend to error on the high side. But The Weather Channel shows a pretty solid track headed our way from the South. Time will tell.

I had planned to go to Muskie tonight for the club's Christmas party, but I have elected to rain-check that event. I can open a bottle of Freakshow on Maplecrest and save the drive...and the $$$'s of the club's unforgiving wine list.

I'm guessing that today will be a big day for the retailers. Traffic on Kimberly and Elmore was heavy when I came back from the office just a while ago. I'm thinking that I'll go no further than Hy Vee today.

I've been getting a string of odd calls on my cell phone over the last couple of days. Numbers from Texas, Georgia, NY, CA and elsewhere. Very curious. Like a robo-call program found my number and put it in the cue. I haven't been shopping at Target, but somebody obviously picked-up my number from somewhere. Maybe the hotel or airline info from that trip to AZ last week? Very annoying.

The college bowl games start today. Including the much-anticipated match-up of Louisiana-Lafayette vs. Tulane. Excuse my excitement.

The first couple of skin cracks at my finger tips showed up this week. That's a sure sign of Winter. I know that I've written previously here on the blog about that condition. Dryness and hand-washing are the contributing combination. Just like washing the cows' udders back on the farm. And putting on the lotion helps, but then makes the screens of the iPad and iPhone messy too.

This is an important day. The Winter Solstice. So after today, we begin the long climb to longer days. Really a good Glad Game factoid for anyone with a half-full glass today. I don't get the math of the angle of the dangle, but I really like the turning of the slope to the lengthier day. Heck, @bcbison and I will be out for the early morning ride in no time!



Speaking of the half-full glass, here is a wine-drinker's spin on the old half-full, half-empty discussion point. A friend emailed this to me this week, and I had read the message initially on my phone, and the graphic was not displayed. I like the thought.



@srh4 made it to NYC yesterday. Another fairly no-hassle trip. Good luck on that visit.

More here later.

BCOT

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: