Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday....UPDATED

Brrrr!  We're in the Deep Freeze this morning.  0 or lower in this area.  And maybe we don't get to double digits today.  I guess that qualifies as Winter.

Happy Tax Birthday to 4.  You are Daughter of the Day!  Make it a good one in The Big Apple.

That snow storm did produce 5-6 inches of snow on Saturday night.  It started a bit later than forecasted, but by 0700 yesterday, it had accumulated to a pretty thick, heavy blanket.  Of course, my snow blower failed to start when I first tried to get it going, but it did fire on my second effort after coffee.  I had known that the temps were headed down, and I didn't want to be stuck with packed snow on my driveway, so it was important to get it moved before I had made a bunch of trips in/out of my driveway.  I ended up with a good result.  I even helped out a couple of neighbors who didn't have mechanical help.

So that storm did impact the social circuit on Saturday night.  Although the trip to Muskie was scrubbed, a guy has to eat, so I elected to see if I couldn't get in for a Biaggi's dinner before the weekend/holiday crowd hit the restaurant.  (Saturday night's around here are just awful to make a non-reservation visit to most of the good places.)  People must watch the news as the bar area at Biaggi's was all but empty upon arrival, and there were never more than 10 people there throughout a 90 minute stay.  The wait staff had little to do but chat and work our table.

This will be a quiet day at work.  The markets are open, but with Christmas on Wednesday, and tomorrow never more than a half-day, lots of non-retail businesses will have skeleton crews.  That's OK by me.  I'll be cleaning the desk off, taking care of a few calls, and prepping for tomorrow's trip North.

More here in a while.

UPDATE....So the day went pretty much as advertised...not a lot of activity.  The equities closed up again, and the bonds maintained their slow creep to 3%.

I chose to get a seasonal Home Page pic posted to bring some Christmas cheer to my multitude of readers (multitude being a seasonal term, of course). 

I'll be heading out shortly to finalized by shopping.  Since we'll be on the road tomorrow, I've had to reschedule my normal Christmas Eve trip to the stores.  Just to warn, everyone needs to lower their expectations of my outcomes.

Those random calls have continued on my cell phone.  I went as far as to check on a blocking feature...which doesn't exist for the iPhone.  It makes me nervous.  And really, sales/political calls were the reason why I got rid of my last land-line.  Keeping below radar is an imposing task.

Look for Twitter updates over the next 24 hours.

BCOT 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More snow than Tahoe

Tahoe Phil