Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday

There is not particular reason for these pics other than that they are about the oldest ones that I have here on my desktop.  My blog entries always generate more interest with some visual enhancements, so this is the best I can do for today.

We had that very unseasonably warm weather this AM, and have had one band of storms pass through in the last couple of hours.  Windy.  And the forecast is for the temps to go cooler during the rest of the day.  Global warming for sure, Al.

I met with my pal Pete for second coffee and we figured out that this year is the absolute shortest time that can happen between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We think.  If Thanksgiving is to be on the fourth Thursday in November, it can be no later in the month than the 28th.  Which it is this year.  So those Salvation Army bells will actually be ringing a shorter time this year than normal.  Small benefits.

Fran McCaffery, the Iowa basketball coach, was quoted in the paper this morning about the competition level of today's opponent, Abilene Christian, a school in its first year of D-I.  The Hawks have yet to play either away from campus, or against anyone who would scare the scheduler.  I know most bigger programs tend to do this in the early games, but really Coach, can't you find some schools who at least have a chance against ya?

On a different path, The Mayor and his 'Clones have Michigan visiting Hilton this afternoon.  Johnny Orr will be in the house.

I'm going out to get in a TT training run between raindrops.  Maybe more later.

BCOT

No comments: