Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday

Just a brief note to get the Home Page pic updated to be ready for Veteran's Day.

Really glad that I didn't stay up to watch the Irish lose at Pitt.  I had seen them take the lead at 21-14 before I headed to bed, but it didn't look like they had the ability to stop the Pitt offense.  Then I guess QB Rees tried to play catch with a Pitt d-back.  Welcome to the Dust Bowl in Abeline on December 22nd.

And very glad to see the Hawks take care of business at Purdue.  Now the question is, "Can they play with Michigan and Nebraska?"

1.1 gets the designation of Son-in-Law of the Day with his completion today of the Madison marathon.  Not a small achievement to get his second marathon done inside of 40 days.  He IS motivated!

I've had the Bears' game on while I've doing some indoor chores this afternoon and I see that players on the Chicago sideline are wearing camouflage caps and sweatshirts in tribute to Veteran's Day.  Kinda like the pink caps and towels last month for Breast Cancel Awareness.  Hmmm.  How much is too much recognition?  Like let's celebrate Outer Mongolian Day in NYC?

This would have been the type of weekend that I waited for at our Scott Street house to swap out the screens for the storm windows.  Warm-ish for the season and likely one of the last where working outside didn't require full-winter gear.  I'd do caulking and some touch-up painting of the window casings.as well.  That was such a drafty place!!  I don't miss those chores.  It might have been a classic looking home, but all of the mechanical systems needed work.  And Mr. Fix-it I wasn't.  (I just pulled this pic off the county web site.  Much the same as 20 years ago.)

My technology schemes are in disarray.  I've had to change numerous passwords in the last couple of weeks, and I keep forgetting them.  And the switching back between iPhone, iPad, desktop and laptop has the Yahho/Google/NSA's underwear all bunched-up.  I'm repeatedly asked to reenter my password for various applications as I may have been on another device shortly before hitting one of the others.  And since I haven't got the passwords commited to memory, I have to go through the "Forgot Password" option.  Which leads to more challenges.  It's a lot to ask of a senior citizen.

Speaking of wich, I am now on the mailing list of the Notre Dame Senior Alumni.  Like I want to be further reminded of that status.

Here's a special shout-out to 4...Have a great weekend, Kiddo!  Enjoy your weekend.

OK.  I might get back here later with a couple of updates.  2's coming over for a little BBQ in a while.  And I've put off some yard wok as long as possible before I lose daylight.

BCOT



No comments: