Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday

This was a highlight day for me in 2013. For the first time, I got out at 0530 for a ride on the country roads...not the bike path. And the results were at least "satisfactory", if not a little above that grade. I had the confidence to go out after doing inventory yesterday from the DeWitt ride on Sunday. The bod wasn't crushed, so maybe my training can now actually see some progress. Excellent news!!

Other items of good news include the effective, and continuing productivity of my sump pump amid torrential rain the last couple of days. I was concerned about power outages yesterday during the afternoon storms that had public facilities evacuate all personnel to the building basements. But no worries on Maplecrest. And how 'bout the possibility of the Beater surviving to live again?

I think that we have about three weeks now where for the big pro sports leagues, only Major League Baseball will be in season. Basketball and hockey are now done...thank goodness! Football camps will open by end of July. (Hard to believe, but that the college football season will start in about 60 days. Didn't Manti Teo lose his "girlfriend" just last week?)

I did a presentation yesterday in Dubuque to a group of about 50 field representatives who work for a company that sells drugs and food supplements to dairy farms. The "dairy farms" are generally bigger operations that milk lots of cows in pretty sophisticated operations. I was able to relate a number of stories from our farming days, including the fact that I had most likely shoveled more s**t in my lifetime than anyone in the room! It was fun to have some shared experiences with the group. I doubt if any of the various other speakers on the agenda had my grasp of just how a dairy farm works.

I started this post from the waiting room at the GM dealership up the street from the office while having the oil changed in the Buick.  This place does a nice job, but the DNA of a maintenance surpervisor can't be kept under wraps.  It wasn't an extra filter that was being recommneded for change: let's go for the front shocks-and-struts combo for a cool $2,500!!  Why wouldn't you?

OK.  I have a few things to get done before end of business.  Maybe more later.

BCOT

 Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: