Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday


I'm just going to toss up a few lines here at ORD before my departure for PHX. The airport is busy, but not like a Friday night. I did a Chicago dog for dinner in the Food Court. Not even as good as a Chicago dog at the Waterfront Deli in Bettendorf.
I had a couple of short emails today from my pal Ron who is with his wife Jane on vacation in Europe. They're spending this first week in Ireland on the golf course. This pic was attached to his email. Pretty cool.




This trip to PHX reminds me of one from the mid-80's with my pals Pete and Jake when we drove from Phoenix to Tuscon and back. When we stopped at an Interstate rest stop along the way, I remember making indentations in the melting-hot asphalt as I walked to and from the car. (The status board here says that it's 104 in PHX now. Suite!!!)
I'm pretty sure that the most irritating people in the airport are those conducting extended, one-sided phone calls on their mobile phones. I really struggle to care about reports to home about a person's dinner from the night before, or the inconsiderate gate agent who made them check a bag. Get over it, people!
Now boarded. I seem to have paid-up for an exit row seat...which does have some decent room. A middle seat, but as I recall, that's why I bought the exit row. (It also got me in Group 1 for boarding...a nice feature.)
The fam has some fff this weekend up in Woodbury. Good to see 4 get


away from The Big Apple for a change of scenery. I'm betting 1.01 and 1.02 will be all over her.
So I will try to add some here from the road. Thanks for reading.
BCOT

No comments: