Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday

The new Home Page pic is courtesy of my pal Ron who is now into a second week of a three week tour of Europe.  He and spouse Jane spent last week on golf courses in Ireland.  They emailed this pic to me, so I'm not sure if it is an iPhone product or from a point-and-shoot digi.  Nice landscape regardless.

When 2 was over last night for our Father's Day BBQ, she mentioned that several families in the extended family had posted pics to commemorate the day.  I don't have any of the "oldies but goodies" on this computer, so this one from just a few years ago will have to do.  I might try to get one from an earlier era this evening.

My corkscrew supply grew by one on my trip to PHX.  I was unable to locate my traveler waiter's key when I packed to leave, so I knew that I would be needing one when I did my shopping at the Total Wine & Spirits place in Scottsdale.  Since their cheap waiter's key option had a small blade (that I knew wouldn't make it through Security), I went with the cheapo version ($4) of the traditional handled corkscrew.  I put it in full view in a tub with my belt and shoes yesterday morning, and Security didn't even pick it up for inspection.

The fact that paying for a premium seat on an airplane gets you into Group 1 registered with my psyche.  I think the "exit row" seats were maybe $15 for each of the two segments that I made the expenditure, and not only did it give me the extra leg-room, it allowed me to get to my seat before the bag ladies, backpackers and assorted carry-on-ers stuffed the overhead bins.  But $15 extra is about my limit. 

Maybe a little more here this evening.

BCOT

No comments: