Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday

I'm starting Friday from a Starbucks location near my hotel. The great thing about the first day when traveling West is that your body-clock is still on Midwest time, so you have lots of time to kill before business starts in The Valley of the Sun. Sitting outside in the shade. For 86 degrees, it doesn't feel too bad. The high today is supposed to be 106. Probably not going to be sitting outside for cocktails this afternoon.

This trip has now become one of "those" trips. Things are not proceeding like a well-oiled machine. The list so far:

1. Airline ticket snafu noted previously.
2. Hertz reservation wasn't posted on the Gold Club board on arrival last night. The agents kept insisting that I hadn't signed in properly, but I'm pretty sure that I did, and that there was a protocol thing when the website asked me to update my profile after I had reserved the car. Whatever. No big problem, just an unexpected wrinkle.
3. Hotel reservation for King bed was a bust. The only rooms available at check-in we're double beds.
4. The pre-pay hotel deal" was too good to be true. There was the matter of the $18/day "resort fee" that was not included in the pre-pay agreement. Shock.
5. My packing of my electric tooth brush was a great idea. Failing to include the brush-head for it in my kit not so much so.
6. Those charger adapters with a cord with a USB connection are handy. Leaving the plug-head in an airport electric socket defeats the effectiveness of the charging cord.
7. Leaving client materials on my desk that I had set out to bring along makes meeting prep somewhat meaningless.

So I am officially going into a "prevent" defense for the rest of the trip. Murphy seems to be my companion. Let's see if I can keep him in the background.

And I keep saying, "It's DRY heat."

More later .

BCOT




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: