Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday

Well, if it's time for a blog entry, I must be in an airport.  MLI as I write this.  Departing shortly for ORD on my way LGA.  Conference tomorrow and Friday in Manhattan, with evenings and the weekend free to visit with 3 and 4 before returning home on Sunday.  I'm anxious to get a first-hand report on 4's new living arrangements and her new job.

Now ORD.  Flight in from Moline was actually a few minutes early.  The 1800 AA flight to LGA left on time and with available seats...for a fee.  I chose to grab a sandwich here and take my scheduled flight.  Its less than an hour difference anyway.

This conference that I am attending on Thursday and Friday is being put on by an organization out of NYC that appears to be in the seminar productions business.  Since I have signed up for this program, I have been getting regular dumps of email ads from them on other business topics.  This is a slightly different model than that followed by the people behind the C-town conference that I went to last month.  Those guys have created an enterprise around themselves and market not only the education, but also other services.  I think that there's a point to make of vertical versus horizontal integration of your customers, but I'll save that discussion for another day.

So maybe 4 can use this post to share some details of her new position.

They're boarding for LGA, so I'm signing off for now.

BCOT



2 comments:

katie said...

No details yet to report. I'm once again being shifted to overnights, so I'll start that next week on a Wed-Sun schedule.

This week I've been training with different people on various daytime programs. It's been quite a transition to go from sleeping 'til noon to catching a 0745 editorial meeting. Tomorrow I report to duty at 0600. The plus, of course is punching out at 1500. Reminds me a bit of junior high school where we ate lunch at 1030.

Kristen Charles said...

Hehe, that first comment is me! Logged on 1's account to watch a PLD video and forgot to log out...