Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday

Happy Birthday to 1!  You are Daughter of the Day.

Lots of people seem to have taken a bit of a head start on the holiday weekend.  On our ride this AM, my pal Pete and I definitely noticed a difference in traffic compared to the other mornings this week.  And the body-count here in the office is also several folks short of a regular day.  Not a bad thing.  We'll close early as well (after the market closes this afternoon).

I wanted to get this greeting up early to recognize 1.  I'll try to jump back on here later today.

NOW LATER...

Very low key day.  I'm headed out soon.  The phones have been very quiet.  The email has been confined to sales people trying to make their weekly contact quotas.  (There's really a trend on Friday's of those calls, from off-the-wall company's whose internal cold-callers must have specific target numbers...and they get down to the dregs (like me) late in the week.)

I'm sad to report that I had to turn my A/C on at my house last night.  It was cool enough outside, and there was a breeze, but none of it got to my back bedroom.  I woke up before midnight with my tee shirt soaked.  So I made the command decision to crank up the air, and it made for a comfortable sleep.  Then on the ride this morning, it was cool enough that I could have worn my wind shell and it wouldn't have been too hot.  I hate giving MidAmerican revenue on these kind of days.

The Big O was in Iowa yesterday...again.  I wonder why?  Of course, he couldn't pass on the opportunity to practice his regional lexicon and accused his presumptive opponent of spreading a "cow-pie of distortion."  He also found time to visit the wind energy business, seeking a further extension of the tax credits that provide the only economics for the industry.  Oh, the coolness of hopenchange.  I'm pretty sure that he'd head to Western PA and grasp some guns and religion if it meant a couple of votes.  Yuck.

Sorry.  I found his cow-pie comment intuitively pedestrian.

The plan is for 2 and I to be on the road at 0900 tomorrow.  ETA Harvest Path is 1445.

Hope the Peanut Gallery has a good weekend.

BCOT

No comments: