Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday

This is a short entry coming to you from the airport in San Diego.  My brief visit with Frances went pretty much as planned.  I enjoyed sharing some old Wally stories with her.  I actually got back to the airport in time for an earlier flight, but I wasn't going to pay for the change, and Southwest was not going to waive the $35 fee.  So I have spent a couple of extra hours inspecting Terminal 1 at SAN.

Formal congrats go to 4 for landing a job at FOX News starting on Monday the 14th!!!  That definitely makes her Daughter of the Day.  Details to follow.  Maybe she can do so herself in the way of a comment or two over the next few entries, either here or elsewhere to her choosing.  Congrats to you, Kiddo!

Lots of movement in the fam this weekend.  3's in Vegas, I see.  That was one I hadn't been pre-briefed on.  @srh4 is assisting 1 in the TC with 1.01 and 1.02, as 1.1 is in Beantown(?) for the weekend.  You could say that we have the USA covered coast-to-coast today.

Congrats also to 1 for completing a 10-mile race this AM in the TC area.  Not too bad for a Mom less than five months from delivery.  I'm thinking that the TC marathon in October will be a layup.

You've got to admit that the Washington Post's hit piece on Mitt as a high school prankster sets a new low bar for political reporting.  Character counts, I agree.  But if we're going to go back to high school hijinks as a standard, nobody will qualify for office. (The Big O as the exception, of course.)  And I don't think that a national candidate needs to jump on the gay/lesbian bandwagon to get elected.  It might punch your ticket to George Clooney's place, but hey, California is going to vote for a Republican?  Whatever. 

I think that this is a first for me today: a same-day commute by air.  I'm almost certain that I have never flown both legs between two airports in the same day.  Nor have I ever previously had two rental cars checked out at the same time in two different cities.  (I hope I can remember where I parked in PHX!)  My total mileage on the San Diego rental was 9!  I didn't realize how close Frances lived to the airport.

I'll be anxious to see how 2 does with her new iPad.  I've seriously considered making that move myself, but the additional monthly service fee is the big deterrent.  This laptop is very effective, its just a bit cumbersome.  2 was pretty proud of her good fortune on Thursday evening.

All for now.  I should be boarding shortly.  I may jump back on here when I get back to my hotel in PHX.

BCOT

No comments: