Thursday, May 03, 2012

Thursday

The heat finally did make it to the QCA.  My evening hunt with The W was an episode of The Floppy Puppy.

 My pal Ron has been giving me the business for the last couple of years that Rule #1 of cycling was control-able.  He found out otherwise last night.  He was out riding in Bettendorf last night around six  when extra traffic suggested a safer route.  He had transferred over to the sidewalk along Devils Glen, moved toward the edge to avoid a closely placed telephone pole, and lost his front wheel off the edge of the sidewalk.  Then made the fatal error of trying to lift the wheel with a clean-and-jerk move... which didn't quite make it.  Down goes Ron!! Down goes Ron!!  Classic Rule #1 in action.

The mini-fff going on in NYC this weekend with 2, 3, 4 and Herky should produce some pics for the rest of us.  Sounds like a good time for all.

The PGA event this week in Charlotte is run by the guy who used to be the Tournament Director at the John Deere Classic here in Silvis, Illinois.  He is a local product from just West of here, played golf at Illinois, and sold insurance in his family's agency.  With the success he had getting Deere on board here for a long term deal, his star attracted some of the bigger players.  The Charlotte gig was the prize.  I guarantee that they'll never get Tiger or Phil here, let alone both like he has there at Quail Hollow this week.  Good for him.

Is there anything as annoying as local TV breaking in to scheduled Prime Time programming to announce severe weather some 80 miles or so away?  We've got the extra-special dosage of that treatment tonight.  There'd better be a tornado causing lots of damage out there.

Irish football fans will be glad to know that probable starting QB Tommy Rees has entered his name, several times I think, in the South Bend police blotter.  Great way to bolster one's position on the squad.  Alcohol makes young men so much smarter and better behaved. 

I think that I'm going to do an experiment here on the blog with some gratuitous current pics of figures from pop-culture to see if the search engines pick up the references.  The funny thing is that I have to go to Google News to get the items since I don't otherwise pay any attention to the stuff.  Here we go with the first edition.

I have no clue why he is in the news, but here's Justin Bieber.  It says that he released a new video, "Boyfriend".  I'm pretty sure that I have never listened, voluntarily, to a Justin Bieber song in my life.  But he's very popular, I am told.  And he dates a gal named Selena Gomez.  I think that the biggest news is that he's traded his Beatles flop hair for Hollywood chic.  Whatever.

OK.  It is done.  Let's see if he tops Ashley Miller!

Good luck to the Peanut Gallery for TGIF.  Thanks for reading.

BCOT

No comments: