Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday

I didn't have the stamina to make the end of the race last night.  I lost quite a bit of interest when the 24 blew his engine before the half-way mark, and then when I checked back in before heading to bed, they had the big fire going on with the service truck.  (A person shouldn't use jet fuel unnecessarily.)  Junior had a chance, but the Fords had the lead most of the night.

I had a small piece of good news at the office yesterday.  The IRS conceded on a late payment penalty for late payment of tax on a 2010 return filed in October.  It wasn't a lot of $$$'s, but it was an important client...LtPC personally!  The reviewer couldn't have been too experienced.  The reality is that I did a poor job on my extension calculation last April, and then didn't look at it again until October 15th.  At which time I had a "Holy Crap" moment, and had to write a substantial check.  As expected, the penalty notice came in December.

About the only argument that I had was that the preparer of a partnership return (ME!) didn't get the partnership return done in April and I was forced to rely on cash data that ultimately didn't properly reflect partnership profit due to some non-deductible uses of cash.  That was absolutely the truth, but there was no excuse for me not knowing my own profitability!  But my letter was well written and was accompanied by a check for the interest on the underpayment.  The reviewer punched out the abatement letter and LtPC can afford another bottle of vino (or two). 

And I received a positive indication that American Express will pay my claim on the broken window in the rental car in Spain last August.  I had kind of given up on their earlier promises, but I received one of their "robo" surveys in my Yahoo mail today asking how Amex was doing with my general credit needs, so I decided to call the claims adjuster again.   Long story short, she took some more information (a fax of the accident report) and thought that she could slide it through the system.  That might be worth a case of Tahoe vino!

My latest example of Sometimer's is a case of vanishing oranges.  I came home this evening anticipating a meal of leftover BBQ chicken (and a few grilled potato's) from the Sunday night experience...plus a couple of navel oranges that I picked up when I bought the steaks.  When I went to pull the oranges from the crisper...uh, no oranges!  Pretty sure that they were left at the check-out at Hy Vee.  I remember specifically sacking 4-5 when I went through the produce to the meat department.  I keep figuring out more things to forget!

Enjoyed coffee with 4 this morning after her shift.  She's now down to just three days at the local station.  Departure for NYC is  #03102012.

My pal Terry O is a Grandpa again.  Congrats to all the H's and O's!

And my pal Paige is officially recognized on the blog henceforth as MPP.

Make it a good Wednesday.  Tertiary RCL is due in for Act II.

BCOT

No comments: