Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday

Great weekend on Maplecrest.  Many thanks to all of the contributors to the concert tickets for Friday night in Des Moines.  As the Twitter universe is aware, we had a great time.  The moon and the stars were in good alignment for all aspects.  Travel, ingress and egress to the arena, seating and the performances all hit their marks.

Virtually all of the snow that came on Thursday night (and that was shown in that pic that I posted with the concert photos yesterday) is gone.  I bar-b-qued a steak tonight in 50+ temperatures.  The Iowa girls basketball tournament is this week in Des Moines, so I'm giving Winter one more week.  I mean, come Thursday, it will be March!  Which blessedly translates to only 20 or so more spin classes. 

The boys (and girl) didn't get to race today at Daytona.  I'm wondering how many of the folks who were there today will stick around for tomorrow?  If it were me, I would have given myself Monday as a return-travel day.  Do you call in sick for Tuesday?  If I had traveled from here to Florida for the event, I would be making every move to stay the additional day.  Would the airlines work with you?  (On the plus side, Danica didn't crash today.)

Tahoe Phil has issued his initial proclamation as Commish for the 2012 March Madness contest.  Two weeks to Selection Sunday.  Check your email.

My tertiary RCL did show on Thursday!  She definitely doesn't have the same attention to detail as the Real Deal, but if she can keep the dust under control, do the sheets and towels, and scrub here and there, I'll survive the next five weeks.  I do have a dependency on these services!

I sent the mini-digi Fuji camera back to the repair center.  For a second time.  The replacement unit had a shutter that wouldn't snap.  It was like you hold the "shoot" button down and nothing happens!  This has not been a good experience.  Fortunately, the cheapo Canon that I picked-up as a back-up for less than $100 has filled the gap.

Uh, no, I am not watching the Oscars.  Nor the NBA All-Star game.  In both areas, I have little knowledge or interest in the players (so to speak).  Since I haven't been to a theater movie in years, and won't watch the NBA, reruns of NCIS are suitable options.  (I think Star Trek with 4 in Lincoln may have been my most recently seen flick.  And I see where they are finally starting production of the next Star Trek film, with most of the cast returning.  I could be interested in seeing that one...next year when it is scheduled to be released.)

4 begins her last week with the local station tonight.  Come 0700 on Friday, her transition to NYC gets serious.  Sounds like a good reason for 1/2 price wine night at Bass Street, eh?  She came over here for a glass of wine last night and we were doing a little math on Tahoe.  #07282012 is getting down to the 150-day mark.  Which seems like quite a while, but with all the stuff on every one's schedule, 7/28 will get here in a hurry.  Lots of fun to be had between now and then.

OK.  Hope it's a good week for all.

BCOT

No comments: