Sunday, February 05, 2012

Sunday... Post Super Bowl!

Here's my first effort to hook up the regular monitor and keyboard to my laptop.  I just kept plugging in cords until it looked like everything was somehow connected.  Instructions?  Not even out of the sealed plastic envelopes!  For the long term, I'm going to have to find a small table for the monitor and the seat for the laptop that I can move easily toward the couch.  I really like having a full-sized keyboard for the blog work.

The weekend on the road was successful, but its always good to get back to my own space.  The folks on Harvest Path have their hands full at this point.  Here's a couple more pics from the weekend that didn't make it to Twitter.  1.02 is getting big!  He's still not on a regular schedule, and 1 doesn't get very good sleep.  Hope that changes as he gets just a little older.

1.01 is a pistol.  She's definitely in the Terrible Two's.  There's not a lot of changing her mind once she has her own idea.  Bribing only works so far. 

We did a JV game at 1's high school on Friday night, the library on Saturday, and the coffee shop this morning on my way out of town.  About a half hour or so each.  Reminds me of the times when the girls were all under 10 and we'd go to church.  We'd stay as long as the mayhem was below a small roar.  Then it was off to the real important stuff like the Quick Shop for soda, and the hardware store for chips!

The conference in Des Moines on Thursday was an update on some new Department of Labor rules that come into play for retirement plans later this year.  Investment advisors, service providers and plan administrators have so many ways to get in trouble, they might as well just surrender their licenses to the authorities now.  Very discouraging.

How many bikini shots in the SB ads?

A second page story in tomorrow's sports page will be that the kid who blew the big lead last Sunday won the PGA event today down in Phoenix.  Of course, the kid who lost gave up a six stroke lead, which keeps the story going, I guess.

No travel for me this week.  My goal is to get back to normal both at home and at the office.  We'll see how that works!

BCOT

No comments: