Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday

OK.  So I thought that this was going up last night, but the moon and the stars just didn't line up.  When I got home, my TV had that fatal blue screen and a "Contact DirectTV" message with no programming on any channel.  Hmmmm.  I knew that I had to swap-out the receiver...the new one had been sitting on my floor for months.  I guess yesterday was the drop-dead date...and the old one died.

So I spent a half hour on the phone with a kid at a call center in Jacksonville, Florida spooling up my system.  It would have gone quicker except that we had to dumb-down the receiver to adapt to my older equipment.  It took a couple of pass-throughs to get it right.  I still couldn't program the DirectTV clicker to be the only clicker for the TV as the brand wasn't recognized by any of the software.  Shock.

Anyway, after that "work" on the satellite system, I was pretty worn out and fell into the vino-and-a-crossword rut. 

This AM, I had a few paragraphs to post from my desktop, and that entry got lost in a processing malfunction.  Seems as though my Blogger account uses my Google account user name and password, which I opened originally with my Yahoo data.  Earlier in my session this morning, I had looked at my G-mail account, which has it's own User name/Password, and that screen was still open.  When I went to "publish" my blog paragraphs, the system was confused (as was I), and the input wasn't saved, published or otherwise retrievable.  Then work took over and there was nada on the blog.

Tonight was supposed to have been a client event for our firm down at the Figge.  Unfortunately, we had more people with conflicts than those who could make it, so I pulled the plug and cancelled yesterday.  Bummer.  Really a difficult end to what I thought would be an enjoyable evening.  But people are busy, and my group of friends and clients is collectively busier than most folks.  I'm satisfied that April 15th may be our only event that gets the response we are looking for.  Plus, that event already has a following and people talk.

Quite the day yesterday in MLB.  Amazing that both the Cards and Rays made the play-offs after trailing by big numbers late in the season.  Boston and Atlanta will be crying elephant tears all Winter.  But StL has to play Philly and that will be a big hill to climb.

Golf for LtPC tomorrow and Saturday.  Geneva hosts it's last event of the season and I decided that I had no reason to say "no".  Hoping my back makes it.

The earlier comment from 1 about Michael Jordan was noted.  While his contemporary, Dominique Wilkins, was known as "The Human Highlight Reel", Jordan definitely had 3-4 plays that are etched into NBA history.  The lay-up where he switches hands never gets old.  And you have him making shots against Utah in the Finals, and at Carolina in the NCAA tourney to name just two others.  Not sure that any one individually defines him.  I think those six rings do.

Talk about passing ships.  4 came by Starbuck's this AM on her way home from work to check in on the rest of the world who were all heading to the office.  I made the thoughtless mistake of buying her a steaming Americano...which wasn't what she needed just before her sleep session.  Sorry, Kiddo.

RCL day yesterday.  Still a treat.

Not sure if I will get on here tomorrow.  Hope its a good TGIF for all in the Peanut Gallery.

PCOT

No comments: