Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday

The blog tends to get a little less play when there is a family gathering, like last weekend up in the TC.  If LtPC is the only absent member, does the designation go to FFf+?  I had a little of the left-out feeling, but then I kept reminding myself that it was primarily a shopping exercise up North, and the lawn chair on the driveway then seemed like a pretty good alternative.

So I did my own little shopping at lunch yesterday to take advantage of a discount coupon at my exclusive clothiers, Kohls.  I try to freshen the wardrobe a couple of times a year.  Not sure if color is part of my repertoire.  Check out the additions.  Depending on one's perspective, you could say that my fashion consultant has a tough job...or an extremely easy one.

Interesting that last Saturday's opponent in Iowa City will be entertaining the Irish this coming Saturday in The Steel City.  Kind of like relationships in a small town; you're never all that far away from some sort of a connection between teams.  My guess is that ND will have the same problems containing Pitt that the Hawks did, and it will be interesting if ND goes to the hurry-up offense that saved the game for Iowa in the 4th quarter.

Here's a shot of Kinnick Stadium from last Saturday when the fans were told to wear "Old Gold" to support the team.  It was a shot taken with my Droid phone (as the midi-digi was in the TC).  The day was overcast most of the time, and the color here is not dramatic, but there was a lot of gold out there.  (My pal Doug and I had gold t-shirts on.)

Did I mention that I left the game at the end of the third quarter with the Hawks trailing by 14?  Up to that point, it was a boring game for the home crowd.  I joined the students in the early departure move.  As Doug would say, the true fans stayed.  I guess that puts me out there as a parking lot kinda guy.  I'm okay with that.  Being in the stadium for three quarters is way over the Over/Under line for my GAQ (game attendance quotient).

Nice day here today.  Margret is out for some exercise.

More later.

BCOT

No comments: