Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday

Just a short entry this AM to advise The Maddening Crowd that I will be on the road today and will not likely get back to this site until later this evening.  I'm meeting my pal Richard in Des Moines for a round of golf this afternoon, and then dinner tonight.  He's the guy whom I visited on the Gulf coast last Fall, and in San Antonio earlier this year.  Our relationship goes back 25+ years when he worked in the family business in DM.  He's back there to wrap up a couple of loose ends on a real estate transaction.

Dinner on Maplecrest last night was a home run.  My pal Pete came over for wine, but couldn't stay for the main course.  Advice for future reference: buy the thicker 12 ounce NY strip rather than the 8 ounce option.  The thicker cut is so much easier to cook and yields a great result for the medium-rare connoisseur.

September 21?  Beginning of Fall.  Equinox stuff is too complicated for me today.  Here's the Wiki link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox

Looks like a really nice day on tap.  Make it a good one.

BCOT

No comments: