Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sunday

Beautiful weekend here in the heartland.  Cool mornings.  A little frost this AM, but not enough to kill the annuals.  Maybe 70 this afternoon, and the forecast has 80 for mid-week.  Perfect Fall weather.

In addition to the bike on the inside rack for the year, the golf clubs are now gathering dust until Scottsdale in January.  The event at Geneva on Friday and Saturday was fun, and I didn't play horribly all of the time.  The back survived.  The goal now is to strengthen my core muscles over the Winter so that I can play a few more rounds next year and lower my handicap to a 12 (It's 17 now).  That would mean that I would regularly shoot right around 85.

I've taken some of Aunt Martha's advice ("Get rid of it!") to heart and have filled two bags with older clothes, shoes and other household odds and ends for delivery this week to the Davenport Catholic church that has a free shop for the poor/homeless.  Before the RCL came last week, I had moved outside and to new pots the plants that had been in temporary storage in my second bedroom (for the last two years!).  So the RCL was actually able to find space to clean in the room.  Progress.

I need to take the Taurus into the shop for work on Tuesday.  It's making more strange noises than normal.  Before I made the call for the appointment, I had to check the insurance card to confirm the year manufactured for the question that the mechanic was sure to ask.  I had assumed that it was 2002 or 2003, but never had committed that piece of data to memory.  When I saw that, in fact, it was a 2000 car, I felt even more reassurance that the BEATER vanity plate was well-chosen.  (Doesn't Buffet still drive the car that his Mother drove to church on Sunday's?)

The MLB play-offs are in full swing.  I'm watching the Cards-Phillies game as I make this entry.  The TV rights to these divisional games don't make the networks.  I suppose that The World Series will be on FOX, but I'm surprised that the first-round games don't make the cut for weekend programming on one of the big four networks.  I know that it's all about money, but if baseball is concerned about growth of the game, you would think that they would work a little harder to get these games beyond cable.  Whatever.

Speaking of money, the NBA seems determined to shorten (or lose) the 2011-12 season due to labor problems.  Millionaire owners want an agreement that will keep themselves from over-spending and incurring the related operating losses, and millionaire players want to make sure that the millionaire owners pay out to the millionaire players a fair share of total revenue.  Kind of a shared sacrifice motif.  Excuse me while I barf.

Here's a preliminary image of 1.01 with a hair-bob.  1.0 sent this as a text message attachment earlier today.  I wasn't able to move that to the gallery in my phone, so this is actually a picture taken on my midi-digi camera of the text message photo on the screen of my phone.  I then turned my devices around and took a picture with my phone of the review screen on the midi-digi, and then emailed from my phone that rendition to my yahoo account.  I then pulled the emailed pic into my laptop Pictures files, which I was then able to access from Blogger.  So 1.01 is Granddaughter of the Day, but LtPC get props for the visual effects!  If 1.0 will send the pic by email, I will update this post and get the better photo uploaded to this entry.  UPDATED 0900 10/3/2011...much better!

Hope everyone has a good week.

BCOT

No comments: