Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday

I meant to get this up on last night's entry, but it just didn't happen.  The shot is of the QC Marathoners (and half-marathoners) coming off the I-74 bridge into Bettendorf around 0800 yesterday morning.  I'd put this cross-section of runners in the just over four hour marathon/two hour half-marathon completion times.  There were a lot of participants!

This marathon, like most these days, I think, have relay contests as well, and those competitions boost the race's numbers.  (They also do a 5-K that is just an out-and-back on the Illinois side.)  Pretty sure that the only race in my future is the annual Turkey Trot.  Getting my bod through a half is just not going to happen again.

(My pal Cal completed the half in just over two hours and concluded that his registration for next month's Chicago would go unused.  He doesn't have time to train, and it's just not worth destroying your body to prove that you still have it.)

More later.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha said

The marathon in Dec is looking big:
http://www.lvrj.com/sports/rock-n-roll-to-rock-strip-with-large-field-130689043.html
Not a good time for families with young children to be traveling though.

At least it won't be in our neighborhood like the current golf tournament which seems to have a good crowd