Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Wednesday II

I have no clue what Blogger protocol that they have sometimes.  Whatever.

2 and Winnie and I have begun our Turkey Trot training.  Last night and tonight we gave it a go on Devils Glen for about 2.4.  With an early start to the season, we won't have to go to the 3.7 route for another three weeks or so.  I'm already taking the Under on my hour time target for the five miles in late November.  The 2nd Annual LtPC Komen for The Cure Challenge will be posted around November 1st.

On the darker side, I posted my VISA card payment for August today to settle up my European debts.  Hmmmm.  Not the fun-est part of the trip.  Then again, you play, you pay.  No surprises.  Most of the Euro charges converted on VISA at $1.45 or thereabouts.  I had budgeted $1.50.  Really, the only unexpected thing was the near $100 in transaction fees from the credit card companies.

Big week in Iowa with the Hawks-Clones game in Ames on Saturday.  The line I saw had Iowa -7 with the Over/Under at 44.  Hard to say.  Neither team is that good.  If I had to make a bet, I'm thinking the Over.  But I reserve final judgement until Friday.

The obit on the Big 12 is at the editor.

Watching the Jerry and George "gay" episode on Seinfeld.  Can't stop laughing.

I have an admission of personal excess.  After those good-looking Ray-Ban sun glasses didn't exactly float the boat, I kept thinking about those better-looking Oakley's, and couldn't resist the temptation.  Outrageously expensive.  But they LOOK good!

Then I have this problem with wine...glasses.  I've broken three of those nice, big and deep Cabernet glasses this week!  Really not all my fault.  I blame Kohl's.  The first four that I bought well over a year ago were a little heftier and thicker.  They broke after adequate use.  The latest set of four that I bought this Summer were cheap imitations of the earlier set.  Two of the breaks happened when I was simply drying a glass.  I'm going deeper in to my pocket for the next set of replacements.

Props out to the 24 car for the win yesterday in ATL.  Empty stands.  Lousy TV ratings, I'm sure.  If you are running a major outdoor event, weather happens.  I'm wondering if ATL can keep two races each year.

Speaking of NASCAR, there was a little dust-up when four well-known drivers passed on the White House visit today to recognize last year's champion (JJ) and the other drivers who qualifies for "the Chase".  Scheduling conflicts.  Hmmmm.  Maybe they had to do their nails.  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/story/2011-09-07/Obama-praises-Jimmie-Johnson-in-NASCARs-trip-to-White-House/50306666/1

More good weather here.  May have some rain for Friday from the Texas hurricane?  Say what?

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

good thing you're headed north...lots of sunshine in the forecast!!