Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Tuesday

The bad news for the Lt is that it looks like there will be a back molar extraction in my near future.  The same tooth that was root-canaled last Summer has remained a problem.  A visit to a second periodontist today has confirmed my suspicion that repair/treatment is not much of an option.  Yuck.  Not to mention the financial aspects of the transaction.  And the subsequent bridge/implant.  Double or triple Yuck.

(For extra credit, kids, anyone know the difference between a periodontist and an endodontist?  Before hitting Google?)

Tough on the Minnesota fans to learn that the Twinkies' closer may be headed to Tommy John surgery.  How does that come out at the beginning of Spring Training?

The snow is gone from my yard!  This has been a lo-o-o-o-ng Winter.

In reference to my NASCAR comment here the other day, the Powers That Be gave Carl Edwards nothing but a slap on the wrist for dumping the 12 car.  There will be problems later this year.

Here is a list of pre-NCAA Tournament phrases or adjectives (that will be used ad-nauseum this week by the sports hacks as they analyze the picks/seedings) that could be used for whatever-that-drinking-game is called:

1.  Body of work.
2.  Good wins.
3.  Bad losses.
4.  Conference record.
5.  RPI rating.
6.  Road record.
7.  Guard court.
8.  Strength of schedule.
9.  Senior leadership.
10.One and done.

I'm sure that if a person were to spend a little more time, the list could be doubled.  I've actually reached the point where I don't listen to the commentary on the radio or between games on the tube.  I mean, who the flock cares whether Butler is a five seed or a six seed?  And so St. Mary's beat Gonzaga in the conference tournament and probably ripped an at-large bid from the 7th place team in the Big East.  BFD.  Like Georgetown is going to get to the Sweet Sixteen.

At least we don't have Billy Packer to listen to anymore.  Now if they could just send Doug Gottlieb and Seth Davis to the same Happy Hunting Ground.  Sending Jim Nantz to The Masters a week early wouldn't hurt either.

So I'm a little cynical tonight.  Sorry.  It's the tooth.

Word from Lincoln is that 4 has been able to swap out her shift on the 19th to get to FFF in DM at a decent hour Friday night.  Suite.

Early spin in the AM.  I checked my calendar from last year and I have already had more workout days in March than I did in the full month last year as I recovered from the car accident.  I wonder if I'll be able to tell the difference when I hit the roads in April?  Obviously, I'll be hugely disappointed if another year older off-sets this year's extra preparation.  We'll see.

Another venture to Muskie tomorrow night. I'm curious if the bartender has stocked the wine that I recommended.  How many times do you need to suggest before non-activity becomes a definite answer to the negative?

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

5 comments:

1 said...

love that pc used BFD. suite.
lucy has to have a similar dental procedure done. want to guess on the cost? at least we won't have to worry about a bridge or anything...

1 said...

and on the subject of nathan's injury..boo!!! how disappointing. it sounds like the bone spurs he had removed during the off-season had actually been providing some stability to the joint and once they were removed and he started throwing again, the ligament tore. supposedly he's going to give it 2 weeks and see what happens, but LBH. he's going to need tommy john surgery. our back-up candidates for the position leave a lot to be desired. what's the over/under on blown saves for the twins without nathan? i'll take the over.

camperkev said...

Seriously 1, dental care for your dog? Is lucy being seen by a periodentist or endo....

Kristen Charles said...

I bet we can come up with some sort of drinking game for your phrases -and any others you'd like to add to the list- for FFF in DM.

2 said...

We can play these drinking games while wearing matching t-shirts. Because they have been ordered.