Thursday, September 03, 2009

Thursday

Another in a string of really nice days here. My sump pump is rusting.

2 and I met up last night with the local couple whom we met in June at the bar in Galena on TOMRV. These are the people with whom I was trading Jagermeister shots! I wanted to ask him some specific questions about the route to follow for the ride that I will be taking in the French Alps. (He had been on a guided ride up that pass a few years ago.) We had dinner at a place called It's On The River in Port Byron. Another fun evening.

I also elected to purchase some Euro dollars today at Wells Fargo to give 2 and I some pocket money when we hit The Continent. Wells has no problem in charging a fee for the exchange. I'll be curious when all is said and done where we have the best luck on the exchange rate.

Opening night in college football. Erin Andrews is in the house at the NC State-South Carolina game. ESPN forked over the big dollar and has a musical intro montage with Kenny Chesney (a la the Monday Night Football intro sung by Hank Williams Jr.). They say the Clones are playing tonight as well.

Lots of activities these next three days for the holiday weekend. I'll try to add entries here as time permits.

BCOT

3 comments:

1 said...

don't you get the best exchange rate when you use plastic?

camperkev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
camperkev said...

amex all the way....