Friday, September 04, 2009

Friday


Ugly incident at the conclusion of the Oregon-Boise game last night. (Not that I saw it then, but rather on ESPN News early today.) Thuggery. Don't people get arrested for those kinds of things?
.
My Perfect Neighbor and I are talking about erecting a flag pole in our adjoining yards, right by my driveway. I've had the thought for some time, and when I offered the suggestion to him earlier this week, he ran with it. And his spouse, my garden out-sourcee, is fired to do the landscaping. I need to approve the design, but after that, I'm in check-writing mode. It will be lighted as well, maybe even with a solar cell. How's that for green-consciousness?
.
I'm taking suggestions from the peanut gallery on, "Don't forgets", for our Italy trip. My latest epiphany in that space was a list of usernames/passwords for Internet sites of importance (credit cards, etc.). Special bike gear, drugs and camera paraphernalia are also on my list. (Notice that "paraphernalia" in this usage is in reference to my cameras, not the drugs.)
.
2 and I are headed over to IC tomorrow with @bcbison to take in the Iowa-UNI game. Meeting our friend/client Dr. D. from DM, so we'll actually be going into the stadium for the game. Don't have my pal Roy's parking pass, so we'll end up trekking from afar. No serious tailgating, but we'll take along some provisions to address our needs for the post-game hanging-out.
.
A little vino tonight to plan the weekend. Enjoy! ...but,
.
BCOT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Iowa got lucky..

Tahoe Phil

Anonymous said...

Many Iowa wins against inner state rivals are lucky wins.