Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday

Here's to the underdog Bulldogs from Fresno. They had a pitcher and a hitter each reach out and grab the high brass ring last night. The stars were aligned. Great story.

Let's plan for Omaha next year. I expect Erin to be there and that she will greet me like she would any senior citizen.

I saw a story today that observed that the NCAA had strung out the tournament an extra couple of days and eliminated some double-header two-fers which smacks of money moves. My guess is that there will be a further erosion of the small-town feel as they move to the new stadium in a couple of years. The NCAA will want their money for that 25 year contract, and the citizens of Omaha will have to pass on the costs. A different example of collegiate inflation.

Brutal day on Wall Street. Lots of discussion as to how much of the rise in the price of oil is the result of speculation. They call it momentum investing. But the food chain of general consumption cannot ignore the increased costs of inputs, which need to get passed along, recaptured. The basics of inflation.

My six word bio of the day: Liked words. Loved his four girls.

Not bad efforts from 1 and 4. It does require thought.

I had an energy deficit after lunch today. Had to take a power-nap on the floor of my office. No ride tonight. Maybe at oh-dark-hundred in the AM. Its light at five bells. I could be done at 0615. Since I took today off, I need to get out there tomorrow. And I like to keep Friday evenings free.

Forgot to mention here that Aunt Martha's birthday was yesterday. She is Sister of the Day!

Have a good Friday.

BCOT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not as angry as she looked.

Anonymous said...

Don't irritate me when I'm hungry.

Anonymous said...

haha. Wow! She scarfed those chicken nuggets!

Anonymous said...

Took the fast lane. Hit traffic.