Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sunday

Here's a little culture for the peanut gallery. 2 was a primary organizer/planner for the museum's annual fund-raiser last night. It was an Asian Indian art-themed event with displays and artifacts from India. Keeping with the theme, 2 donned an Indian sari to welcome the many Indian guests. You rock, Kiddo!

I'm told that this photo is a bit inaccurate as the sash was supposed to come from the left shoulder. I'll let 2 explain in comment.

Given her willingness to step fully into a roll, 2 is definitely Daughter of the Day.

Today was a Top Ten day on the weather charts. I did a 47+ mile ride to DeWitt, and for basically the first time this Spring, there was no substantial negative influence from wind. Contrast this with yesterday when I did 25 on the hills around DCC, and every time I turned North or West, I was like, "Why am I doing this?"

The belligerent red-winged blackbird has moved to a new nesting area. I got "pecked" coming and going to DeWitt today. Actually, there's one stretch of road that has a string of interested parents.

2 came over for a steak on the grill this evening. Unfortunately, I learned too late that she doesn't care for broccoli, and I left the meat on the fire a little too long to boot. (BTW, broccoli steamed in tin foil on the grill with a little butter is excellent.) But it is always good to have an impromptu FFF, and the Tuscan red was a bonus.

No big plans for the week. Tapering rides Tuesday through Thursday for the Saturday 85 mile ride to Galena. I also need to practice some golf. I'm playing in a tournament with my pal Roy a week from Tuesday, and I don't want to embarrass myself.

Hope everyone has a good week.

BCOT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does 2 get the most face time on the blog? you almost need to change the name of the blog to "4000 days with 2"

i totally don't get why 3 is daughter of the day. please explain. btw, 3, are you in for next week or what?

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

I remember being surprised at Kristen liking broccolli when when she was a toddler.

Sunday NYTimes had an article on rowing on the front page! Also some good articles on the sport page and in the Play magazine that was a special insert.

Wondered what the puzzle expert thought of the elaborate puzzle in the opinion section. Way to complex for me.