Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday

I've decided to give Tiger some props on 4KDays for toughing it out last weekend and winning on one leg. The ACL is one thing, but a couple of stress fractures adds quite a bit to the legend. What does it say about the rest of the field?

My ACL reconstruction was done with a cadaver ligament. You can also use a piece of the patella tendon or a man-made substitute. My guess is that golf magazines will be some of the best sources of ACL surgery information over the next several months.

It has been hard to keep up with the blog these last few weeks as I try to maintain a training schedule. The rain has meant that I have to mow my yard twice a week, and Friday's are hardly ever open. What's a blogger to do?

The deal with Roy in Scottsdale on Tuesday was to listen to a pitch for a medical diagnostic process developed by a PhD in biophysics. See www.epicdiagnostics.com.

This gal did a very survey-level test on me and was able to detect most of my major ailments. She also said that I had "a lot of stress" in my life. (Like I needed a PhD to make that call.) I'm thinking that the company has a bit of a hill to climb to convince the hospitals, medical docs and the insurance companies of the effectiveness of the system. Roy is in, so I guess I'll have a view from the sidelines on whether the buyers bite.

I tried to follow 2's advice on the "cut and pasting" thing for my Word draft for the blog, but my technological skills were inadequate.

Father's Day was great. We did steaks on the grill at Mom's. 2, 3, and 4 in attendance. Steamed broccoli was the hit. 1 called in. (Thankfully, 1's card finally arrived today. I had been very concerned.) I now have enough outdoor chairs to seat everyone when the fam meets for FFF.

The air show is here this weekend. The US Navy Blue Angels are in town for the occasion. They spent the afternoon today practicing their maneuvers, buzzing the locals. It's a bit of a show. And loud. Back in time, as a Lt. in remote Korea, my barracks was right under the flight path of the airfield. And those F-4 Phantoms were not under any noise abatement protocol. But after a month or so, a guy on a check-ride going to immediate afterburner straight up wouldn't even register on my internal audio reference meter.

I had little interest in the NBA series, but I was glad to see Boston dump on LA. Does Kobe have the same appeal as OJ or what?

I'll try to be better with the blog in the days ahead. With no major plans over the weekend, I should have the time to upgrade the quality of my musings.

Have a great Friday.

BCOT

No comments: