Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wednesday

Martha advises me that Daddy's birthday is actually the 19th, which I am sure is correct. I had consulted the copy of his obituary that I have here in the office before I made that entry yesterday and the obit incorrectly lists his birthday as the 10th. I made no effort to evaluate the date before using it in the blog. Goes to show you. You have to be careful of your sources. And the newspaper isn't a very reliable one.

Daughter of the Day goes to Susan for making the unscheduled trip to Iowa City last night to get Mary a temporary computer fix. And kudos to Mom for letting Susan use her car. We're all behind you Mare!

More taxes today. The phone is pretty busy.

The news on the Hawkeyes first brought to you on 4000 Days is in the papers today.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Mary used, "Soo," too!

My computer is back in action, sort of. I just picked it up from ITS Services, and they really did wipe the hard drive clean. I don't even have Word and Excel anymore. Or Snood. Gosh.

I've been working on two papers this week. I visited my TA to go over my final draft of my historical interview and he said it looked really good. I ended up interviewing Ed Murrow about the ability, reliability, and effectiveness of today's media in comparison to his own reporting. He seems to think newspapers and newspeople are pretty lousy, too, Dad.

Since the weather is beautiful, I went for a run outside today. Let's just say that's progress, Katie. No need to worry yet. I plan on combining the training of two years ago - let's call it the
"Why Run More Tour," (get it?!)- with Karla Walsh-esque motivation. While the "Why Run More Tour," didn't emphasize running, it built us up mentally. I mean, with coverage in the paper and on the news, we couldn't really back out, regardless of how much we did, or didn't, run. If you're determined, you'll do it. I'm hoping my Karla-esque motivation will make me want to run a few extra miles though to shed some weight, because I'm easily the hugest woman in Theta. Maybe she can be my MADE coach or something. Also, Katie, I was thinking maybe we could wear jerseys, you number one, I get four, and then everyone just wonders where Soo and Mare are? No? Not funny? Okay.


In other news, I'm excited to come home this weekend///for 24 hours if I'm lucky. Mary and Mike are going out Friday (?) so I might have to go to the movies by myself or something. Since it's so apparent that dropping a computer off is more important than picking your only carless daughter up. Hmph.

All right, I've spent a lot of time on the blog today. I'm off to a Theta sisterhood dinner at the park. It's a great night for it!

PS New Facebook picture coming soon...Mare and I sporting some pretty sweet hats. Glad I got one.

Anonymous said...

PS. You are all really lucky I put embarrassing pictures of you on facebook, because those got wiped off the hard drive too. So all the extras are gone. Forever.