Friday, April 14, 2006

Friday

I don't have much to add today. Enjoyed the comments from yesterday. The IC girls had a little excitement last night.

Had a nice card from Kate this week. Thanks.

FFF on Saturday night. At least for dinner.

Down to the hard core stragglers in the tax return business. My buddy Roy is at the top of that list. Pretty full day tomorrow and probably part of Sunday afternoon. Monday for extensions.

Susan gets another blog DOD (Daughter of the Day) award for going over to IC to pick up Charlie for a longer weekend.

I think that I'll try to go to a couple of local high school girls track meets in the next couple of weeks. I have always enjoyed the girls' meets more than the boys'. The girls tend to show their effort more than the boys. (Anybody remember those trips to Des Moines for the girls' state meet? Was, and still is, a favorite of mine. They run state as a co-ed meet now and I doubt if I venture back to Drake until they go back to a separate girls' meet.) The Jesse Day meet at Brady was called to an end early last night because of weather. That meet is too big with too many events (both boys and girls) and goes on forever. I like the 8 team girls varsity invite where there is only one or two heats and most events are run as finals. If they start field events at 5, they're done at 7:30 or 8.

So everybody have a good night. Be careful out there.

No comments: