Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday Evening

A little more information on the basketball picks.

For the Horan Clan sheet, I had to jump onto the site on the Thursday morning right before the games started to meet the entry deadline. I literally ran through the games and didn't keep a copy to see who I had picked until Phil gave me the heads-up before the Final Four. I had visited to see the standings, but never went to my sub-sheet to see exactly where I was winning or losing. Blind luck.

Interestingly, to me anyway, is that I won the office pool here as well with a pick sheet I had completed at a separate time. On that sheet, I had both LSU and UCLA in the Final Four, although I had LSU winning it all. There were 20 some entries in that pool and I was the only one with two of the Final Four teams.

This probably means that I won't win again for 20 years or so. Or in more relevant terms, while 4000 Days keep trucking along, I will not likely have the pleasure of a similarly successful presagement. (Is that even a word?)

There was a story in the Life section of USA Today yesterday about awards being now handed out for "blooks", definded as blogs that have turned into books. See lulu.com. The first winner is some gal who spent a year writing daily about each of the recipes in Julia Child's seminal 1961 cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Can you imagine how bored a stranger would be if forced to read 4000 Days daily for a year?

Mary is headed over here tomorrow to get some computer repairs started. We have a tentative plan for dinner. I'm looking forward to it.

All for today. Be careful out there.

No comments: