Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday

No blog tonight.

Did have dinner with Mary and her friend Amanda. At Granite City. Good time. Had one of the most annoying waitesses ever. Way over the top, cloyingly helpful and attentive.

I handed out Criterium Financial hats to the girls. Charlie, Mary has yours.

No change in the news here business-wise. Still have lots to do.

Susan's parade got rained on at work when the e-letter that she sent out to museum patrons got criticized openly by one of her bosses. I had seen it and thought it was a good piece. The parts the boss was critical of were immaterial. Goes to show you, no good effort will go unpunished by narrow-minded executives. Susan, just keep at it. You did a nice job.

Mary won the sub-clan picks contest. She was the only one with two of the Final Four, Florida and UCLA. She had Duke winning, but everyone else had worse results, including Lucy. Mary wins Daughter of the Day on the blog as her prize.

I guess that technically, there was a blog tonight. We could maybe debate at some future date what amount of blog constitutes a blog. But that is way too deep for me now. I think it does constitute a Sienfeld episode.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back online in Iowa City! Woo hoo! After a trip home and two hours of fighting with the internet, I am finally able to regain control, which mostly means I have an enormous amount to do in the next few days.

Thanks, dad, for dinner! Amanda and I had a great time, and she was really impressed with you. After all the stories I told, I think she sort of doubted you would live up to the hype, but as we all know, you're the real deal.

I have to say, I'm pretty happy with my picks this year - sub-clan winner, and top 5 in the family. Next year I'll surely win it all! Watch out oracle!!

More later, when I have free time!!