Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday

Hard to believe how fast the days go right now.

We end up with some clients getting us information this time of year that you find hard to believe. They might think that they have handled a transaction totally on point, and in fact, they are 110% wrong in the other direction. People and money are funny. If someone says that its not about the money, bank on this, its about the money.

It is clear that I need to reduce my tax responsibilities next year. Personally and professionally it has become very unrewarding. The ideal situation would be for Bill and I to get a new preparer whose responsibilities would take over returns from which both he and I need to detach ourselves.

I think I have created an exit strategy with Criterium which is a very viable plan. But it is not unlike a career change that many people my age do not have the flexibility to make. Say the guy on the line at the GM plant for the last 25 years. He would probably have to go through some substantial retraining to achieve a comparable new position. And 55 year olds have to be very careful with changes that involve benefits, insurances and retirement plans.

The ballplayer with the hitting streak that was was discussed here earlier this week had the streak stopped today at 38.

Wish I was more creative. Just too tired.

Be careful out there.

No comments: