Saturday, April 15, 2006

Saturday

Charlie looks like the sole visitor for Easter. Mare has a project to complete in IC. Sounds like several of the teams in her Investments Analysis class have holed up for the weekend to get a handle on their assignment. Its not like I haven't spent some Easter weekends doing taxes. As I am now. I hope Mare is successful in finding a career that allows for a more normal life when she gets to my age.

And the time window for Kate was just too narrow.

Miss you both.

Martha's commment about Grant Wood getting his ideas while milking a cow does strike close to home. In my younger years, say through my mid-30's, my ideas came when shooting baskets by myself at some available hoop, whether it be in the barn, the gym at the time, or an outdoor court somewhere. In the last 15 years, most of my thinking has been done while on the bike. (There was that one year of running.) The business plan for Criterium came on a bike ride last summer.

Hope to cookout tonight. But it has clouded up in the last couple of hours, so who knows. A little FFF for sure.

More tomorrow. Be careful out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not FFF if no one is there. Hope I find a ride home//back to school. Sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh Charlie. I'm sorry. I'm so bummed I couldn't make it home. Stupid Project. Hope you're all having a Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

i missed easter at home too. not quite the same when the easter bunny comes fedex. :) we had a decent day here, cloudy in the morning and a really nice evening. went to matt's parents for late lunch/early dinner. it was very nice. i've spent most of the day grading papers and revising my resume to send out in the next day or two. also planning lessons for the week. the boring life of a teacher. i've been surprised at how bad and good the papers have been. i'm nervous to give them back! the kids had the option to do an art or drama project or to write a paper. i got a good number of art projects and one drama presentation. some of the art was really good. some of the art wasn't so good. it's a learning process for all of us. so far, so good though. i like it. have a good week, all!
p.s. i liked carrie's pics from the red sea...how exotic!!