Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thursday

These are some pics from yesterday taken with my iPhone. I'm not sure why they are presented so small on the blog. If I control that feature, I don't know where to flip the switch.

My entree was a sea bass. Not bad. Not a home run. The steaks were really good.




Golf yesterday was actually harder than on Tuesday. It was a Jack Nicklaus-designed course that was tighter than the one we played Wednesday. Lots of water and sand...and ball-eating palmetto shrubbery. My back has survived.




The local residents don't start their days here until after 0700. I've walked to the coffee shop, maybe a 1/4 of a mile or so, and there is absolutely no traffic on the streets. Definitely a retiree lifestyle.




One question that has occurred to me on this trip is, "What did old guys do in previous generations instead of boys' golf trips?" I mean, really, we can't be that much different from 65 year-olds in days of yore. What did they do before golf? Before (relatively) cheap air travel?




This particular group might survive for a few years. Three members have winter condo's here. A fourth and a fifth have places on the Gulf side of Florida. And everyone has a history of golf travel. The guy doing the organizing, my pal Brian, likes being a head cat-herder. And it's a compatible group of personalities.




15-20 years ago, we had a similar 8-man group that went to Florida or Cabo several years in a row (including my pals Roy and Brian). That group fell apart the year following a year that we consented to expand the group to 12. The additional 4 guys weren't bad guys...it just became too unwieldy.

Really sorry that the fam back home is having another bout with the Polar Vortex. 1 texted me a screen shot of her dashboard temperature this AM. -17!!! Ouch. I owe you guys.

I'll add photo ops as they are encountered on Day Three.

BCOT

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: