Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday

I took the Home Page pic just a few minutes ago from the balcony of the condo.  Nice view when there's no hurricane in the area.

We played golf yesterday at a course near here that is a private club with limited access to the public. I think one of the guys in our group knew someone who knew someone who could get us tee times.  Expensive day.  High greens fees.  Required caddy for each group (not included in the greens fees).  A nice course, but not on my Top Ten list.  I shot 90 which wasn't a bad score on a sight-unseen track with difficult greens.  Only lost two balls for the day.  Lots of water, so not a bad result.  Still using balls from the box given to me at Christmas by 1.1.

The GPS unit was spot-on all day.  Another great gift that keeps on giving.  Kinda like the Remington's.

The ballots have been counted in the writing contest.  Kenny and Jared may have won the Goldman Stock Market contest, but Lt.PC was a loser in his game.  Ahh...the agony of defeat.  But like they say in Wrigleyville, there's always next year.

I'm in no rush to move to Florida.  Yes, its nice to have to wear shorts on the golf course in February.  But the retiree life-style just doesn't resonate at this point for me.  The one benefit that is hard to ignore?  Fresh seafood.   I mentioned to 2 last night that the entrees...and appetizers...that I have had the last two days have reminded me of those days in Italia and Sicily last September.

Morning coffee has been at a local shop within walking distance of the condo.  Fresh baked goods made on site.  Very tasty.  Our group, which is not all that young anymore, brings down the average age in the coffee shop by several years.

Lots of stories in the local paper about MLB spring training.  Really not sure what teams are located within a reasonable distance of Vero Beach, but I could see hanging out for a few games some time.  Opening Day is just a month away.  Seems like the World Series wasn't that long ago.

So not anything else to add for now.  I'll throw on some pics later today.  (Left the mini-digi in @srh's car when I got the MLI.  #Sometimersstrikesagain.)

Thanks for reading.

BCOT
 »


No comments: