Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday

I had actually meant to include this as an item in an earlier post this week, but I kept forgetting the thought when I was doing the writing.  Another Sometimer's memory lapse...repeated at least twice...as the stories on the formal opening of the bridge were in the media last weekend.

The Stan Span, (aka the I-70 bridge) has been opened between Missouri and Illinois in downtown St. Louis.  Formally named the "Stan Musial Veteran's Memorial Bridge".  Why wouldn't you name the primary entry into StL after Stan the Man? 

This second pic of the bridge was obviously taken last Fall after the primary work had been completed, looking into Illinois.  The night pic was taken this week.  I mean, its not an engineering marvel or anything, but it has a good look, and will obviously be very functional for a long time.  Kinda like Stan.

They had the bridge open to walkers, runners and bikers last weekend as part of the opening ceremony.  That would have been cool.  I'm betting that the city was totally fired-up about the whole deal.  Not the least of which is the upgrade to the transportation system. 

OK.  Not so much news for non-Cardinal fans.  I get it.

Heat wave in Iowa.  Above freezing in the forecast today.

BCOT

No comments: