Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday

This is very odd. I tried to get on to add to and edit last night's entry, and was unable to do so from my desktop PC here at the office. Blogger wasn't even allowing me to create a new entry. I'm in the process of rebooting the desktop to see if Windows needs to get out of an endless loop.
Now I'm going to try to publish this test entry from the iPad.

I'm trying to...

BCOT

Hmmmm.

OK. That works from the iPad. Is there a bug on my laptop AND my desktop? Really too weird for me to understand.

And after my reboot, I still can't access Edit/Entry on Blogger from the desktop.

It was 78 here at 0530. I elected to take a pass on my early ride. The forecast is for the humidity to go down today as winds shift to a northerly flow. Maybe I'll try the bike path this evening.

Today is the Pro Am over at the Deere Classic. That's the event where the average golfer can pay to play with a pro. The fee is likely North of $4,000 for the round. That fee does get you some other amenities for the week, like several tickets for entry to the grounds throughout the tournament, and various chatskies, but its still an expensive round of golf.

The Pro Am is one of the big fund-raising elements of any PGA event. They probably have around 300 participants teeing it up...which means that they've collected $1.2 million in green's fees for the day. Not a bad haul. Add in the admittance fees for the fans, concessions, parking and souvenir sales, and the tournament is off to a good start...before the pro's actually start playing for real.

Just a comment on the politics of New York. Eliot Spitzer is on CNBC this morning. He's come out this week as a candidate for Controller in New York City. Really? I think he got the idea from the seeming success of Anthony Weiner, the former Congressman who got in trouble with pics on Twitter, who is a candidate for NYC mayor. Politicians never go away. Regardless of their sins. If one or both of these guys gets elected, I guess its safe to say that NYC can look past anything.

OK. On to my day. Maybe Blogger will come around.

BCOT



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I'll believe NYC can look past anything when they elect a conservative.