Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday...UPDATED

An early salute to 3 and 3.1. Happy Anniversary!!!

I'll be working on a Top Ten list of items from the wedding and the last year while I'm chasing the little white ball this morning to be added here later.

Have a great day, you guys.

BCOT


NOW LATER...

Busy day in Eastern Iowa.  I answered the bell and made my tee time for the second day of the Geneva Club tournament.  I 'd rate my back as marginally out-of -sorts tonight, but I managed the damage by swinging easier...which is almost always the way to go with golf.  My pal Ron contributed to my economic welfare again, which is really the only score that matters.

I got home early enough to slip out for 85 minutes on the bike path, do a little yard work, and entertain 2 and The W for brats from the Maplecrest Grille.  Not a bad day.

Sounds like the anniversary-ers have had a good day too, and must now be finishing up dinner in Manhattan.  I'm still amazed at the water under the bridge since 07282012.  A Top Ten list of note:

1.  Iowa game with the crew.
2.  Iowa basketball in the NIT.  Go Hawks!.
3.  Christmas on Harvest Path.
4.  My April visit to NYC...Yankee game and dinner at Rosemary's.
5.  Condo ownership!!  Kinda.
6.  Italy!
7.  All those other weddings...and bachelorette parties.
8.  NYC visits by 3 and @srh4.
9.  Easter in Iowa...loving those donuts!
10.  Concerts galore...that I cannot name.

If 3 and 3.1 put a pen to paper, this could be a very long list!  What a great year.  You are truly blest.

Here's the "News" from Maplecrest.  I've decided to go on a "cleanse" over the next couple of weeks.  Its more a lifestyle effort than one directed at health or diet.  Then again, the primary focus is my mental health, which is, I guess, health-related after all.  I've vowed to, 1) not watch commercial TV (like there's something to watch?), 2) drink no wine during the week (a little effort required there, of course), and 3) get with the core body training program that I did last Summer.  (I even have a lead on a trainer girl who I'm going to talk with this week to help get me back on the horse.)

The TV thing is going to be easy.  When 4 and I got back from Spain/France two years ago, I had been cleansed of my TV interest by those two weeks abroad.  The wine thing is more of a challenge, but staying away from alcohol may help me sleep better.  I'm curious about how my body will adjust to a less-vino intake regimen.  And I know for a fact that my back will be better with those exercises.

Combine these things with some clarity that has formed with regard to a couple of major office-related changes, and the next 60 days will be very interesting.  I was telling 2 over supper that we have just 50 days until we depart for Italia.  That time will go in a heartbeat.  I have so much to do!

So this is a little disjointed.  I'm extremely happy for the NYC-ers.  Now the challenge is to make Year 2 even better.  Go for It!

Thanks for reading.  Have a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments: