Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday

This is an "epic" day on the TdF.  Truly.  I guess as part of the 100 year anniversary they needed to do something special, so they have the peloton going up probably the most noted climb in France, le Alpe d' Huez...TWICE!  And the descent after the first trip up is on a narrow road that looks like the equivalent of a bike path.  I'm betting that the riders are all rolling their eyes at the choices by the race organizers for this route.  And they still have two more days in the Alps.  The overall winner will certainly earn the Yellow Jersey this year.

2 is on a business trip to C-town for the next couple of days...so The Winniferous is taking up residence on Maplecrest.  With it being so hot out, we'll be spending most of our time inside.

I've gotta send out props to Vision For Less again.  One of my glass frames broke again over the weekend...the ear piece coming off frame containing the lenses.  This has happened, I think twice, in the last few months.  And they replaced the frame again, at no cost, even though I was a few days out of warranty.  I think that there's a technical flaw in the design of these frames, but I'll wear this set till they break again, and then find something a little more sturdy.

Just to throw it out there, we're just a couple of days away from the anniversary of 1 and 1.1's wedding up in the Twin Cities.  Among my memories, the fact that I had a serious bike accident the weekend before the wedding that left my right thumb with a detached ligament (which was repaired in subsequent surgery). 

I'll add more here this evening from the couch.  Stay cool in the meantime!

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

If you look closely at some of the pics of us walking down the aisle you can see your injury...