Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday

This will be brief as I am again working off of the iPad and my Bluetooth keyboard is outta power. This screen keyboard is not my thing.

If the flight to Moline gets home on schedule, I will have had a very successful trip on an air-travel scale. Maybe traveling in off-peak times is the key.

I stumbled into using my iPhone as my boarding pass for the flights today. So far, so good. When I checked-in for my out-bound flights Friday morning, the process gave me an option to auto-check in for the return flights. Which I did. What I didn't consciously do, was select the mobile device as the boarding-pass option. I figured I'd have to print the passes once I got to LGA. But then there was that bar-code image on the pass on my phone, and it occurred to me that I had everything that I needed. This was not a plan, but I now know how I will be handling these things going forward. I am sooooo New Age!!!

Here's a Top Ten list of weekend highlights from The Big Apple:

1. Staying in The Westin was a great move. Nice place.
2. Yankee Stadium is nice. But I definitely prefer the Wrigley experience.
3. If they closed all the Starbucks shops, half the buildings in town would be impacted!
4. Residents need to get a monthly, unlimited subway/metro ticket.
5. I'm thinking that a scaffold supply company may hold the winning lottery ticket in Manhattan.
6. The payroll for NYC employees is a BIG number.
7. Except for the very annoying, and loud, musicians on a few of the subway platforms, and the other panhandlers, there's little talking on the trains or sidewalks. Everybody is just busy going somewhere.
8. The restoration of St. Patrick's Cathedral reminded me of Pillars of the Earth. And it will be going on for years.
9. It's hard to tell on the street, but I found customer service at every venue that we went to to be courteous and willing. (Well, maybe those in crowd-control roles at Yankee Stadium weren't exactly the cheeriest sorts. But the jackass quotient in our seating area, left field bleachers, was on the high side.)
10. Three days over a weekend is the right amount of time for LtPC.

Ok. Now they've done the old switcherooski on my gate. More later with pics.

Thanks to 3, 3.1 and 4 for a fun trip.

BCOT




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

It was a great visit - hopefully you'll be in our spare bedroom next time!