Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday

Well, I survived April 15th...again.  It wasn't a triumphant survival.  More like the trudge up that last ramp on Mt. Rose.  I begin the wait now to figure out what I forgot to do.  Never have the comfort of thinking that I got everything covered.  Always the nagging doubt that a loose-end failed to get tied.  Stay tuned.

One of my new limitations has been reading the fine-print on documents and reports.  Lots of the electronic files seem to print out in smaller size than what might appear on a screen.  At least that's my rationalization.  There are some definite instances of that situation, but there's also the reality of my eye-sight showing some signs of diminished clarity.  (I really notice it when I try to read the box scores in the sports pages of the daily papers.  I know that that print has a smaller size today than years ago.  And I think that the newspaper people are just messin' with folks when they make the print that small!)

Anyway, my solution to my reading-the-small-print problem has been an Old School approach...literally.  I broke out Margaret's magnifying glass that I have kept in my coffee table on Maplecrest for these last many years.  It has the advantage of solving my small-print-problem, and the cool-ness of having a little bit of Margaret right on my desk, and in use every day.  Suite!

(I noticed the Bronco Buster sculpture in the background in the Oval Office again this AM when they had a still-shot of the President on the Boston Marathon story.  My edition of the sculpture here on Kimberly Road gives me the eye everyday.  Tip 'o the hat to 3 and 3.1 for such a special gift.)

My goal is to get back on the blog with a little more focus in the weeks ahead.  I have a lot of travel scheduled over the next month and a half, so there'll be quite a few entries from the road.  I will also complete the Not So Short Short Story from Tomah within the next week or two. 

Getting out among the living on a daily basis will expand my topics for discussion, in contrast to my life these last few weeks on Military Time.  It's been hard to see anything creative when in the back of your mind you're always worried about this return or that deduction.  At least that's the excuse I'm going with for now.

I depart for Phoenix tomorrow afternoon for a two-day conference in Scottsdale.  My plan is to go with the iPad only this time rather than also pack the laptop.  We'll see how that works on this trip and make choices for subsequent travel accordingly.  My recollection is that adding pic's on the blog from the iPad is limited.  And editing a previous or still-open entry gets clumsy, but I just don't feel like carrying another bag.  We'll see.

All for today.  I'm looking forward to some outside time in daylight.

BCOT

No comments: