Sunday, April 07, 2013

Sunday

Not a lot to report today.  Another day at the office for the tax-preparing profession.  It will be a busy next several days.  Love this time of year.

Those semi-final games last night looked like semi-final games.  No pretenders allowed.  I'm in the unusual position of rooting for Michigan to win.  The important question is, do the numbers add up to a Tahoe Phil victory in the clan pool?

ND - UConn women this afternoon.  For the fourth time this year!  Even the coaches are grousing that the committee erred in placing the two teams in brackets that could meet in the semi-finals.  (I had to look at the schedule to get the other game...Cal vs. Louisville.  Not one many expected, eh?)  I'd say the ND-UConn winner will have their hands full in the finals as a result of the emotional drain from their semifinal game.

2 and I did a BBQ on Maplecrest last night.  Steaks and veggies.  The only possible improvement would have been warmer weather for outdoor seating.  Looking forward to more of the same as the season comes around.

Just took a break from the office, came home for a late lunch, and laid down some yard treatments;  Turf Builder plus Halts to prevent the crabgrass from taking over, and some basic Weed 'n Feed to give the grass a shot of juice to come to life. 
I gotta say, it would take some serious work to get the homestead up to Master Gardener status.  The drought last year killed most of my grass in the front, and I may end up having to re-seed the parking.  But not today. 

(Reminder to self: you have all the fertilizer you need for next time, LtPC.  I did a cursory scan on the bagged lawn stuff in my garage before I headed to Home Depot, but I obviously was in another world.  After completing my yard applications today, I now have an un-opened bag of Weed 'n Feed, as well as a 3/4-full bag of Halts for the next time.  Sometimer's again, I guess.)

Speaking of Sometimer's, I stopped at Hy Vee on my way home for lunch to pick up some fruit.  The deal-of-the-day was Red Delicious apples at .98/lb, so I bought three apples.  When the gal rang me up, the bill was over $2, which seemed like a lot, so I questioned her on the math.  They sure looked like Red Delicious to me, and I thought I grabbed them from the same display case.  But the little stickers were different on two of them and the price was for them was $1.79/lb.  (As an after-thought, I'm impressed that the cashier actually recognized that she was dealing with different stickers.)

So either 1) I made a wrong pick-up and my memory was in the same spot as when I was looking for fertilizer supplies in my garage, 2) the apples were mixed up in the case, or 3) maybe Jose in California or the kid in the back put the wrong stickers on some of the Red Delicious.  Regardless, there was a hitch in my giddy-up for what was supposed to have been a cheap lunch. (Well, OK, two bucks was still a cheap date.)

I'm giving 3 a nod as Daughter of the Day.  She's on the road again tomorrow to Austin, Texas.  Not a trip of her choosing.  Life in the Fast Lane, Kiddo.  Hang in there...and be a Star!

All for now.  Thanks for reading.

BCOT

1 comment:

Kristen Charles said...

Thought it was cool the NCAA decided to squeeze the DII and DIII championships in between the DI Final Four & championship

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaab--brilliant-decision-by-ncaa-to-host-division-ii-iii-title-games-in-final-four-city-221424582.html