Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday

Just a few lines this AM to let my vast readership know that I'm alive.  Creativity is not part of the program today.

My world has basically been work, eat, sleep most of the last couple of weeks.  I call it Military Time.  When I was stationed in Korea in the Winter of 1973-74, we had a December that was one of those snow-never-stopped months.  Since my job as Base Vehicle Maintenance Officer included oversight of the snow plow shop, and we were a combat-ready base with two F-4's on 24-7 alert status, those runways staying open was my Job One.  We went to a 12-on, 12-off schedule for the entire month.  Hence, my designation of Military Time.

I had a good friend (who has had more medical problems over the last 10 years than anyone else I know), tell me that you know you're old when all of your conversations come back to health issues.  So I'm keeping my mouth shut about my pneumonia-lost-months when anyone asks how I'm doing these days.

Dodgers-Padres had a bench-clearing brawl last night, and the Dodger's new $147-million-dollar man, right-handed pitcher Zack Greinke, suffered a broken collar bone in his non-throwing shoulder.  Yeah, that was smart by all parties.  It was started by the hitter who got hot when he was hit by a pitch on a 3-2 count in a one-run game.  The guy is the current major-league leader in getting hit by pitches.  And he charges the mound?  What a false-macho idiot. Give me a freakin' break. 

I'm giving Tahoe Phil recognition as Brother of the Day for his triumph in March Madness.  At least the Final Four had good games this year, and Louisville had to earn the title.  I guess you could say that the committee got it right in terms of the overall Number 1 seed in the tournament.  You 'da man, Bro!

I've got to check my dates, but I think that I missed recognition of Daddy's birthday earlier this week.  And I think that their wedding anniversary is tomorrow?  1936?  My mind is too foggy to do the math or the history.  Probably shouldn't go for that GMAT exam tomorrow.

Make it a Good Friday.

BCOT

No comments: