Saturday, May 09, 2009

Saturday

Sitting in O'Hare. Waiting for my connection to Moline.

Commercial air travel is a true pain in the butt. And the trip thus far has not been anything out of the ordinary. But I was up at 0430 local in PHX. Did the rental car return to the separate facility outside Sky Harbor. Rode the shuttle to the terminal. The wrong terminal. Although mine was a United reservation, the PHX - ORD leg of today's journey was to be on a U.S. Airways flight. Say what?

But after another shuttle ride to the correct terminal, I got checked in with no problem. The SB's counter was too tempting to pass up, and I bought my Americano right before going through security, so I had to sit down and read the paper there before heading to the gate. But no problem. And I got lucky with seat assignment and moved to an exit-row aisle seat in the half-full plane, which made the trip almost tolerable.

Just had a Chicago-style hot dog right here in Chicago. Imagine that. Unfortunately, it was a poor imitation of a Chicago-style hot dog. How ironic.

RevKev and 1 are showing a little snootiness with their Wally World stories. Maybe too many lattes and designer jeans? Not that I don't have my own WM tales. But at 0630 on Sunday's, I don't run into too many folks.

More later.

BCOT

3 comments:

Kristen Charles said...

Dude, I love Wal-Mart. The best is going JUST BECAUSE.

Anonymous said...

Martha said

Wal-Mart is ok. Not only are lots of things cheaper, there are some things you can only get there.

I used to have a problem because they are non union. But when I was trying to place students in jobs, I discovered that they hire and train workers who have trouble getting hired elsewhere and everyone has to start some where.

Also, those cards you need in grocery stores. I you have ever signed up with that chain, the phone number you had at that time will usually work. Also, many clerks will give you the courtesy/temporary number if you ask.

camperkev said...

Your 0630 arrival time validates my snootiness. :) When I lived in Macomb and needed to get away from the residence hall I would head down to WM around 11pm and roam the isles. Late night works too.