Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday

Happy birthday to 1!! She is Daughter of the Day. She needs to enjoy her last year in her 20's!

My pal Pete and I did 30 out to the Eldridge Hardie's this AM. Can't say that I feel all that strong at this point. With TOMRV now just 18 days away, my prospects for being in good form for 85 miles is marginal.

I also got over to Arsenal Island for the Memorial Day program. No flower drop any more. And they no longer allow you to park your car even remotely close to the ceremony area. And the bus system is a little short on organization. Whatever. It is the government. I look forward to their operation of GM.

Here's another deep topic of conversation. When you are out on the road on your bike, you always shift down to an easier gear when you head up a hill and the going gets tougher. In contrast, in spin class, the instructor is always telling (yelling at?) you to "grab another gear" to simulate a harder climb. So if the reality of the road is that you shift to an easier gear, is spin class a little like photography where the lens reverses the view? It's a thought.

Maybe more later.

BCOT

No comments: